Welcome to WalkAthlete®!
At WalkAthlete we believe that exercise should be fun. If you are not enjoying yourself, you won’t want to keep doing it! Exercise should make you feel energized, happy and confident. It should not make you feel overly tired, sore or miserable. Our goal is that everyone who attends our sessions and classes, has fun, feels motivated and looks forward to attending each class! We always have fun; we want to make sure you do too!
Our Training Programs
We offer a variety of individual and group training programs. It doesn’t matter if you are fast, slow, large, small, young or old; we have a program that will be perfect for you. Our training options include:
- Personal Training: In-home and outdoor sessions available
- Small Group Training: Shared personal training sessions (2-4 people)
- Fitness Walking: Perfect for new exercisers, seniors and limited mobility
- Speedwalking: Beginner – advanced levels (private lessons also available)
- Learn to Run: Transition from walking to running. Beginner – intermediate levels
- Fitness Workout Classes: Outdoor fitness classes
- Walking Bootcamps: Combines walking with bodyweight exercises for a great workout
- Endurance Training: Long distance training for 10k, half-marathon & marathon walkers and runners
Our clients are very diverse but they have one thing in common—they have made the commitment to improving their health and fitness. Contrary to popular belief, a person’s age, size or body-type does not determine fitness potential or athletic ability. Our clients come in all shapes, sizes, ages and fitness levels. Every single one has the potential to be fitter and healthier. You do not need to be fast to be fit. You do not need to be slim to be healthy. You do not need to be young to become an athlete. Staying focused on your goals will lead to success!
Our clients have various goals that include:
- Adopting a healthier lifestyle
- Improving cardiovascular fitness
- Increasing muscular strength and flexibility
- Weight loss
- Keeping up with the kids or grandkids
- Walking a couple of miles each day for exercise
- Training for a 5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon or 3 day charity walk
- Making new friends and enjoying outdoor exercise
No matter what your goal, our training sessions are designed to help you get you there in a fun, safe, non-intimidating, and non-competitive environment. Improving your fitness will make you look and feel better. You will feel energized, confident, happy and physically and mentally stronger!